Having a consistent sleep schedule for kids is vital to them getting good sleep.
But it’s not always easy to find the right combination to pull it all together.
In this video, we’re going to talk about why our kids need good sleep and various strategies we can use to get there.
In Nature Matters Academy, we know that all kids are different and that what works for one family might not work for the next. Our kids are individuals and need strategies that are specific to them!
Remember, sleep is often a long game and consistency is key. Don’t give up on something if it doesn’t work the first night. Try the strategy for a week before moving on to something else. Keep notes on what helps them feel more relaxed and keep doing those things.
The secret sauce to better sleep for your kid could be a combination of a few different strategies, not a single magic pill.
**Remember, kids who get the recommended amount of physical exercise in each day (or more!!) sleep much better at night. Click here to download our checklist for getting kids outside and wearing them out!
Time Stamps for Video:
- 0:47 – Developing good sleep habits is a long-game, not a short-game
- 1:24 – My son’s sleep story (and no, sleep training did not work!)
- 4:50 – Why we want our kids to get good sleep
- 5:44 – What a lack of sleep does to our body
- 9:30 – The amount of sleep you need at different ages
- 12:13 – How to leverage serotonin for good sleep
- 17:00 – Develop a consistent sleep schedule
- 19:38 – Each kid is different and you’ll have to develop a recipe that works for your child
- 19:48 – Join our Bootcamp where we give parents the support, training, and encouragement they need to give their kids the best possible childhood so they grow in to happy, healthy, and resilient adults!
Need help wearing your kids out so they actually go to sleep? Check out these blog posts which complement a healthy sleep schedule for kids:
- Wear kids out by getting them outside! Need help, grab out checklist for getting kids outside here!
- 5 Strategies that Will Get Your Family Outside & Having Fun
- 6 Shocking Facts that Paint a Picture of Kids’ Lives Today
Join our community of compassionate and proactive parents
who want the best for their children’s sleep!!! 🙂
Join here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/226005271473553
At Nature Matters Academy we help families of smart gifted kids by providing moms with tools, skills, and confidence through a nature-based STEM program, so they can leverage all the benefits of nature for learning, self regulation, and healthy childhood development.